The English version of CosmoBook is currently available in draft form. We are working on corrections.
e-Money is a blockchain-based payment platform that aims to connect the current banking system with a single efficient blockchain layer. e-Money was founded in 2016 by a Danish fintech company.
Built on Cosmos technology, the e-Money protocol is designed to issue a range of stablecoins backed by fiat currency.
- Speed (transaction in less than 500 milliseconds);
- Low fees (sending money around the world for virtually zero transaction fees);
- Inter-network communication via Cosmos hub;
- Reliability (secure payment network operating without overloading);
- Eligibility (Ernst & Young audit to confirm availability of funds).
EEUR - euro token;
ECHF is token Swiss franc;
ESEK is a Swedish krone token;
ENOK is a Norwegian krone token;
EDKK is a Danish krone token.
The e-Money ecosystem has a second token, NGM "Next Generation money", which is a stacking and rewards token. Users can stack NGM to secure the e-Money network.
Unlike most existing stablecoins, which tend to maintain a static 1:1 peg to their underlying assets, the value of e-Money tokens backed by fiat currency constantly changes in line with the interest accrued on reserve assets. This means that holders benefit from the interest accrued on their assets while they are stored in the wallet. Blockchain e-Money supports instant transfers and includes DEX for easy conversion between currencies. e-Money is already integrated with Cosmos Hub, Osmosis and Ethereum and several other networks:
The following networks will appear soon:
e-Money is not intended to act as a complete replacement for the existing financial system, but can instead be seen as a second-tier solution for traditional finance.
This solution will bring benefits in a number of areas of the financial industry.
For customers of international banks, remittances are one such area where electronic money will provide significant benefits.
The stablecoins to be used in e-Money are a new form of stablecoins that are completely unique to the e-Money platform. The cryptocurrency industry is currently dominated by two types of stablecoins: secured stablecoins and algorithmic stablecoins. Despite recent and rapid market growth caused by volatility in both cryptocurrency and traditional markets, both types of stablecoins have weaknesses and pain points.
Algorithmic stablecoins are inherently unstable and inefficient because they rely on redundant collateral to protect the system. On a large scale, algorithmic stablecoins struggle for instant liquidity. Meanwhile, in an environment of negative interest rates, e-Money predicts that collateralized stack coins will not be viable in the long run because, as their reserve value declines, they will be forced to take additional risks, use their reserves, or charge redemption fees to cover shortfalls.
Currency-backed Stablecoins created by e-Money are a further evolution of the concept of secured Stablecoins. Crucially, however, e-Money's currency-backed stablecoins are interest-bearing, and have more in common with a bank deposit than money that can be held in your hand. This innovative approach also gives e-Money currency-backed Stablecoins greater resilience in the face of economic uncertainty.
The e-Money platform is built on the Cosmos Network, an ecosystem made up of independent sovereign but interoperable parallel blockchains, enabling cross-network communication through the Cosmos Hub. As part of this growing blockchain Internet, e-Money will enjoy a powerful network effect offering a stable means of payment and storing value within the ecosystem.
The e-Money solution has already seen significant development and after five iterations of the test network, the core e-money network is already up and running.
The ecosystem also has an active DEX on which each token can be immediately exchanged for another token with zero transaction execution fees.
The team behind e-Money has significant experience in finance, technology, banking, marketing and blockchain. This team is already contributing to Cosmos through the Validator Network for the Cosmos hub.
The Stablecoin market is still a relatively new but thriving sector. It is growing rapidly thanks to the constant price volatility of bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. In 2020 alone, the total market value of Ethereum-based stablecoins increased by 95.38% to $6.25 billion.
The main disadvantages of cryptocurrencies backed by stablecoins are:
1. they have no collateral in the form of an instrument to which they are attached, so they are constantly at risk, lacking the purchasing power necessary to maintain the attachment.
2. Overcollateralisation is inherently inefficient, essentially a bet that the value of the collateral will not significantly decrease.
3. they are not suitable for global economies because of insufficient market liquidity. For example, when a large company may need the equivalent of $100 million
4. There is no seamless way to transition between fiat and token, which inevitably incurs trading costs in the form of spread and slippage.
The Next Generation of Money (NGM) token is used to secure the e-Money network by placing it with one or more validators. The total volume of NGM is constantly increasing. The inflation rate is currently 10% per year. The inflated tokens are distributed proportionally as a staking reward.
- The supply of NGM increases with inflation for staking rewards and decreases with redemption and burning. The NGM token must be zapped in order to receive any rewards.
- Transaction fees are increasing with the introduction of the e-Money network for payments and trade.
- Staking rewards are increasing with the introduction of (AUM) e-money stablecoins.
- Stablecoin adoption can occur both inside and outside the e-Money network, including all areas in the Cosmos ecosystem and bridges to Ethereum, Avalanche and Polkadot.
Token Name: Next Generation of Money.
Initial total offer: 100,000,000.
Reverse Proposal (Circulation): 6,364,516.
Delegated tokens: 52,789,969.
Seed Round: 228,500 USD (2,285,000 NGM sold at 0.10 USD per token) .
Private Sale: 1,675,000 USD (6,700,000 NGM sold at 0.25 USD per token).
Public sale: 150,000 USD (300,000 NGMs sold at 0.50 USD per token).
Marketing costs: 280,000 NGM.
Market Making Commission: 33,333 NGM.
Exchange listing fees: 600,000 NGM.
Liquidity provision (Float): 11,930,263 NGM.
Attracting customers: 8,300,000 NGM.
Ecosystem Fund (grants): 10,000,000 NGM.
Treasure: 60,000,000 NGM.
Date of initial Vesting : 2020-11-04 13:00:00
Sale of tokens:
Seed Round: 12 months.
Private Sale: 6 months.
Public Sal: No Vesting Period.
Marketing costs: 6 months (20% unlocked).
Market organization fee: 6 months (20% unlocked).
Exchange listing fees: 1 year (0% unlocked).
Liquidity provision (Float): 1 year (5% unblocked).
Attracting customers: 2 years (0% unlocked).
Ecosystem Fund (grants): 3 years (11% unlocked).
Treasury: 3 years (0% unlocked).
- 31.03.2016 - start of the project;
- 31.01.2018 - Whitepepper release;
- 28.08.2019 - first testnet;
- 08.29.2019 - IRISnet collaboration announced;
- 08/30/2019 - IOV collaboration announced;
- 31.08.2019 - 2nd testnet;
- 9/30/1990 - 3rd testnet;
- 31.01.2020 - 4th testnet;
- 28.03.2020 - transition to Mainnet;
- 26.04.2020 - the first EEUR, ECHF, ESEK, ENOK, EDKK tokens were mined in the mainnet;
- 27.04.2020 - Certik audit passed;
- 28.04.2020- announced collaboration with Regen Network;
- 29.04.2020 - the partnership with Desmos is announced;
- 30.04.2020 - the partnership with Sentinel is announced;
- 31.12.2020 - SWAP is launched in the wallet;
- 31.01.2021 - $NGM listing;
- 28.02.2021 - connection to Cosmos IBC;
- 28.04.2021 - Ethereum integration;
- 29.04.2021 - $NGM trading for air on Uniswap was launched;
- 26.09.2021 - EEUR on Osmosis and Sifchain;
- 12/22/2021 - Avalanche integration;
- 25.12.2021 - Polygon integration;
- 01.01.2022 - BSC integration;
- 31.03.2022 - Stablecoin trading for fiat is launched;
- 31.12.2022 - liquid EEUR and $NGM mining is planned to be launched.